What would you do if you returned to Jamaica?

Monday

Catching my breath in Falmouth


Sunday – August 1, 2010

A day of rest was definitely in order after a few days in Kingston. Its truly is an amazing, beautiful, and scary city all at the same time. There is so much going on as this urban form rises out of the harbor and creeps up the hills towards the Blue Mountain. Still, it is the type of city where you need to be on guard and have your wits about you at all times. So getting back to a slower pace in Falmouth felt good, and gave me time to reflect on all the things I had just experienced the last few days. Kingston is the stuff urban legends are made of and I think it will always have a special place as one of the world’s great and misunderstood metropolises. I’d go back if I had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment